Autumn is a delightful season, with its crisp air and vibrant foliage. However, it’s also the time when various pests and critters try to make their way into our homes, seeking shelter and warmth. In Waco, Texas, the story is no different. In this blog post, we will explore the common fall invaders around Waco and provide you with tips on how to keep them at bay.
Fall Invaders You Should Be Aware Of
- Spiders: As the temperature drops, spiders often seek refuge indoors. Common spiders in Waco include the brown recluse and black widow.
- Rodents: Mice and rats are notorious for entering homes during the fall. They can squeeze through tiny openings and cause significant damage.
- Cockroaches: These resilient insects can survive in various conditions, making them a year-round problem. But they tend to be more active in the fall.
- Stink Bugs: These odorous pests release a foul smell when threatened, making them a nuisance when they invade homes.
- Ants: Certain ant species, like the Argentine ant, are more likely to seek indoor shelter as the weather cools down.
How to Prevent Fall Invasions
Now that you know the common fall invaders, let’s discuss how to keep them out:
- Seal cracks and gaps in your home’s foundation, walls, and windows.
- Keep your home clean and free of food crumbs.
- Store firewood away from the house.
- Trim bushes and trees near your home.
- Consider using pest-resistant screens on doors and windows.