Termites have been known as every home owner’s nightmare for a long time. They may be small in size, but the impact that they have on the structure, finances and health of a household cannot be ignored.
Identifying and eradicating a termite infestation in your house is not a simple task, even if it sounds like one. There are over 2,000 known species of termites, and each of them come with their own characteristics and extermination treatment. If a termite infestation isn’t treated effectively, you may face the risk of a re-infestation and further property damage.
Let’s find out why it is essential for every modern home owner to conduct a termite inspection:
- Prevention is definitely better than cure in this case: Here’s the thing – you don’t want to be in a situation where you spot a termite infestation in your house and then look for a cure. Instead, it is always wise to schedule regular inspections and make sure that you are providing termites with an opportunity to damage your precious living space.
- Termites can cause large scale destruction: When it comes to maintenance of homes, termites continue to be one of the biggest areas of concern for home owners. Termites have the ability to live inside walls and furniture, slowly eating through them and making them structurally dangerous. Even when a home owner is oblivious to its presence, a group of termites may be causing substantial damage to the property.
- Avoid spending a fortune on repair and rebuilding: Although they are small in size, the cost and magnitude of damage that termites can do is anything but small. The structural damages caused by termites, in addition to the damage that they cause to furniture results in an expensive repair and rebuilding exercise for the home owner.
- Termites come with health risks: As such, termites are not feared as a disease carrying species for human beings. However, there have been multiple instances of severe allergic reactions and asthma attacks that have been triggered by the presence of termites. Even if a termite nest is not in sight of a home owner, certain particles from its nests can move around with the help of light winds, causing it to spread around the house.
- Termites are difficult to exterminate: Eliminating a termite infestation from your house is not an easy feat. The process of termite eradication becomes far more complex when the termites have been living in a home for a long time, and have managed to spread across a significant area. By conducting regular inspections, you might be able to spot an infestation in an early stage and therefore eradicate termites before it is too late.
- It factors into your buying decision: Whether you are considering buying or renting a new home, it is imperative that you have a trained professional assess the property before you make any decision. Termites are infamous for hiding and infesting in areas that may not be visible to everyone. A trained professional knows where to look, and will be able to tell you the damage and potential cost of repairs, if and when an infestation is spotted.
The Bottom Line
If you suspect a termite infestation, do not try to tackle them all by yourself. Contact pest control company to schedule your termite inspection, so that you know what is going on behind the walls, and beneath the surface of your home. Let the professionals deal with termites efficiently and safely.